Recent

Author Topic: membership fees  (Read 9065 times)

mattdeeps

membership fees
« on: July 24, 2009, 18:45:38 PM »
Dear fellow Crew Members,

I am writing to inform the Membership that the Committee have concluded the need to adopt a Membership Fee.
Membership fees will run from 1st July 2009 for 12 months.
You may or may not be aware that we incur operating costs and up to this date they have been covered by donations from fellow members.
The time has come where we must stand on our own and progress the Association. The fees will be used primarily for operating costs and secondary to purchase some Association Merchandise like Ties etc.
As we have surpassed the membership total of 200 it seems a good time to instigate a Membership Fee at a minimum of 10 pounds per annum.
This we feel is fair and should not be burdensome. If it is difficult please email me and let me know and we will come to an accommodation.
I would ask that you look upon it as a minimum amount and if you can afford a little more, then please do so.

3 Ways to pay.

1   PayPal.
To pay you just go to the PayPal button on the left of the website page and press to donate. There is a description and you would type in Membership Fee or Charity Donation and this lets the Association know what the money is for.
Do not worry if you do not have a PayPal account because there is an option to use credit cards and switch etc.

2   By Cheque.
You can also send in a cheque to the Treasurer.

Mr R A Berridge
       56, Goldcrest,
       Wilnecote,
       Tamworth,
       Staffs
       B77 5NS
       Cheques made payable to “HMSm Resolution Association”.

3   By Bank Transfer.
Payment can also be done through direct banking into our account.

HSBC
       HMSm Resolution Association
       Sort code: 404402
       Account no: 91760130

The committee has tried hard to bring to you a top quality website where we can interact with fellow members. The News Letter is getting better and exceeds our expectations each issue. More Crew Members are becoming more active in either support or direct working on databases etc.
The issues that concern us all like The Polaris Medal Question and the Reunion is pulling all the former crews into a modern shall we say “Platinum Crew”.
We have other initiatives to bring the Crew Members even closer. One of those will be a series of “Special” News Letters where we will highlight the career of a fellow crew member. We carried out one for Coxswain Lewis 80th birthday and it is our intention to complete a special for everyone from the 1st commission.
I hope you take this request for membership fees in good spirit and donate freely to progress our Association.
Best regards as always,
Ron Baird

Offline Yogi

• Commander
  • Support our Charity Goals by donating.
    • Fannyside Mill
Re: membership fees
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 09:48:40 AM »
All Crew Members who have not paid their membership fees, please try and pay as soon as possible.
We require the money for general running costs and possible purchase of merchandise. We are at present deliberating over the design of an Association Tie.
With Christmas approaching and the Reunion just around the corner we are hoping to have several different types of merchandise to offer Crew Members.
In 2014 I hope HMS Resolution Association earns the respect of all who come in contact with us.